- The Esther A. & Joseph Klingenstein Fund, Inc.: Celine Riera awarded a Klingenstein-Simons Fellowship Awards in Neuroscience
- Larry L Hillblom Foundation Advancing Medical Knowledge: Celine Riera receives a Start-Up Grant in Aging Research
- University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine Diabetes Research Center: Celine Riera receives a 2018 Pilot and Feasibility Grant in Endocrinology & Diabetes
- CBS News: Is sense of smell linked to being fatter or thinner?
- Science: Mice shed weight when they can’t smell—but not because they stop eating
- EurekAlert!: Mice lacking a sense of smell stay thin
- Los Angeles Times: Does my sense of smell make me look fat? In mice, the answer seems to be yes
- Berkeley News: Smelling your food makes you fat
- Science: Mice that feel less pain live longer
- National Geographic: No pain, no aging
- The Scientist: No pain, big gain
- Berkeley News: Pain killers may improve health of diabetics and the obese
Contact the Riera Lab
127 S. San Vicente Blvd.
Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, Suite A8305
Los Angeles, CA 90048