Frequently Asked Questions for Investigators
We've compiled a list of FAQs for investigators. Below, you will find information about what to expect including services we offer, equipment, procedures, how to get started and more.
The CTRC is a patient-oriented research center that helps investigators and study participants by:
- Providing an optimal environment for clinical research (clinical rooms for research encounters, infusions, phlebotomy and testing)
- Recruiting and screening potential research participants
- Providing education on research protocols
- Collecting confidential participant information
- Conducting infusion studies and blood draws
- Providing trial design and biostatistics support
- Offering research sample storage
- Assisting in data and safety monitoring for federal and safety requirements
- Collecting umbilical cord/amnion tissues
No, not all Cedars-Sinai research participants are seen at the CTRC. Please confirm with your research coordinator where your visit will take place.
The CTRC provides outpatient support to researchers in a variety of areas such as cardiology, diabetes, digestive diseases, pediatrics and rheumatology. Our mobile research nurses also conduct research-related procedures in inpatient areas of the hospital. Studies include industry-sponsored clinical trials, as well as those funded by the National Institutes of Health and a variety of foundations.
- DXA (GE iDXA Pro)
- Body composition
- Bioelectrical Impedance
- IV/syringe pumps (Alaris IV and syringe)
- Glucose and insulin testing
- Crash cart
- Electrocardiogram (GE MAC3500) Glucometer (2 Precision exceed Pro)
- Sphygmomanometer (portable)
- Diagnostic tools (wall-mounted): sphygmomanometer, ophthalmascope, otoscope
- Cold centrifuge
- Micro centrifuge Freezers: - 80(4) and -20(1)
- YSI 2300
- VMAX (ENCORE/CareFusion)
- Mobile cardiovascular monitoring system (Heart rate, blood pressure, Pulse OX, ECG)
Regular hours are 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday. Nurses are on call and available in case of emergency or protocol-required procedures. At this time, we cannot provide overnight stays or 24-hour visits.