INSPIRE at Cedars-Sinai
Inspiring New Scientists through Professional Internships and Research Experience (INSPIRE) is a summer program at Cedars-Sinai designed to introduce current students and recent graduates to research in a healthcare setting through hands-on training and virtual workshops.
Students can participate in INSPIRE Internships (on-site) or INSPIRE Online. Information about the program, hosting an inspire intern, student applications and program timelines can be found below.
- Principles of the research process (clinical, bench or translational research)
- Safety regulations for working in laboratory and research areas
- Appropriate use of protected health information (PHI)
- Research study design and hypothesis development
- Data collection and analysis
- Scientific literature review process
- Methods for writing an abstract, including endnotes and source citing
- Research discussions and presentation skills (lab meetings, journal clubs)
- The importance of research in healthcare
- Career pathways in research and healthcare
- Research best practices
- Hot topics in research and medicine
Students who successfully complete the INSPIRE Online program will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Apply to INSPIRE
Have Questions or Need Help?
Contact us if you have questions or would like more information about our Internship Programs at Cedars-Sinai.