The faculty and staff of the Department of Neurosurgery at Cedars-Sinai welcome you to the Neurological Surgery Residency Program.
The path from education as a physician to training as a neurosurgeon and neurosurgical researcher is challenging and, ultimately, one of the most rewarding opportunities you can choose to pursue.
At Cedars-Sinai we are committed to excellence in diagnosing and treating neurological disorders in a caring, patient-centered environment. The Neurological Surgery Residency at Cedars-Sinai provides comprehensive neurological surgery training that combines the following:
- An outstanding faculty of practicing neurosurgeons, spinal surgeons, neuroradiologists and neurologists
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic technologies
- Leading-edge research facilities
- A renowned, regional Level 1 trauma center with a high volume and variety of patients
- Two training tracks dependent on the residents' interest and performance during the training period
The residency program is complemented by a team of physician assistants, nurse practitioners and nurses who assist in the care of the neurosurgical patients. In addition to time spent in the clinical area, the neurosurgical residents are expected to attend conferences, be able to progress academically, and be involved in research efforts. In the same spirit, our faculty is dedicated to providing outstanding patient care while maintaining an active research program in their area of interest.
We look forward to having you be a member of our team.
Keith L. Black, MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Neurosurgery, Director, Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute
Chirag G. Patil, MD
Program Director; Director, Center for Neurosurgical Outcomes Research
Director, Neurosurgery Residency Program