If you are interested in applying to our fellowship, please visit the website of the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Applications for the July 1 start date must be submitted between July 15 and Sept. 30 of the previous year, and they will be accepted only through ERAS. Please note that your file is considered complete when we have received all of the following:
- Completed application
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Official medical school transcript
- Letters of recommendation from:
- The dean of your medical school
- Chief of medicine or program director at each institution in which you have held a training position
- Two additional sponsoring physicians
- Your photograph (passport style)
- Verification of training from medical school and residency program
- U.S. Medical Licensing Examination transcripts (steps 1, 2 and 3)
Interviews are held virtually in September and October for fellowships beginning the following July.
Foreign medical graduates must complete a residency program in internal medicine in the United States that is approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education prior to beginning our program. J-1 visas issued by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates will be accepted upon Human Resources/visa office review for applicants who are accepted into the program.
We participate in the Medical Subspecialties Match of the National Resident Matching Program, and applicants need to register with the NRMP. We value diversity in our program and its participating institutions. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented minorities.